Thursday, July 10, 2008

First Ear Infection At 3 Months: GOOT Recipe

Poor little guy has an ear infection. Leif and I have had a little sore throat this week. Leif's has turned into a sinus infection. Caleb woke up with a fever yesterday. He gradually got more miserable throughout the day. By midnight he was struggling to nurse. So I knew that it had to be his ears or throat. Bummer Deal! I found a recipe for a garlic salve that I can rum on his skin to get its medicinal properties into the skin. It's called Goot. I think it should be called GOOC. But that's not the point. It's a great recipe and easy to make! All of the ingredients have antibiotic properties as well as anti fungal. So it's a very useful ointment. Here is the recipe:

GOOT Garlic Oil Treatment Anti-infective/Anti-fungal/Anti-parasites

MAKING GOOT: Warm three tablespoons of Coconut Oil over stove until melted and add three tablespoons of Olive Oil. Remove from heat and add three tablespoons of fresh chopped Garlic (or use as Garlic Press.) Blend at slow speed, then at high speed for two minutes. Use a blender or coffee grinder.
Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar and label it “GOOT.” Place in a refrigerator.
Freshly made, the mixture is a milky color and runny. GOOT turns into a thick soft paste after one hour. After being in the fridge for several hours, it is just hard like a salve easy to spread.

MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF GOOT: Rubbed into the skin GOOT transfers raw garlic oil directly into the blood stream. Apply on the feet of children or infants to fight infections. Rub on chest for chest colds, pneumonia, or rub into nostrils for sinus infections. Place on cotton swab for ear infections. Apply directly to sores inside the mouth. Rub on Athlete’s foot or genital area for jock itch. Insert GOOT into affected area for yeast or other related infections. Apply on rashes any place. GOOT kills Candida, parasites, bad bacteria and virus by direct application. In addition, it treats systemic infections by absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels throughout the body. After two weeks, make a new batch of GOOT.
Resourse " (I got this recipe from a lady named Jacque. She had it in her blog titled "Walking Therein." I have it on my blog list.)

I rubbed this on Caleb last night. I have to admit he wasn't very happy. But I think it was because it was cold and it has a very strong smell. I'm pondering putting eucalyptus and lavender oils in the mix next time. They both have similar properties and Lavender is an anti inflammatory and can help with fevers.

I rubbed it on his feet (I put socks on him after) under his knees, in his arm pits, and around his neck. These are prime locations of some of the lymph glands in our body.
After I finished with that I sat with him while our humidifier blew cool lavender mist water on us. He really enjoys this and it helps with the fever. He likes to be swaddled. So I had to take his clothes off and wrap him in his Cotton Miracle Blanket and lay him under the mister so he didn't get too hot.

We took him to the doctor this morning because he wasn't eating well. Sure enough, it's an ear infection. So now he's on Antibiotics, Acidophilus, GOOT, and Breast Milk.

Wish us luck!

Addendum: I read that if you use a garlic press to make GOOT you can use less garlic (up to 1 Tbls. less) I recommend using less garlic when using GOOT on a baby.

Another Follow Up: I have also made GOOT with a high quality all natural hand cream. This makes it less runny. I have also made GOOT in Vicks Vapor Rub. This can open up the ears a bit as well as ease the pain. I wouldn't use the Vapor Rub on a baby until they are at least 6 months old. However, they do have a baby vapor rub that would be just fine. I put it behind the ears and on the bottom of the feet.

4 comments:

Mommy said...

I love this stuff. I've made it many times to use on my children as well as myself and it always shortens the duration of colds and flu. Good work!

US said...

I made GOOT yesterdat for older kids, I wasn't sure if it was okay for my 5 month old. I may remix some of the GOOT with more coconut and olive oils to make it milder. I'm glad I came across your post.

Cute blog!

Lena Baron said...

I'm glad you found my blog! Garlic is a powerful medicinal tool. I've added a few notes to this post about how I've used GOOT. Hopefully they will help! Good Luck!

Sonya said...

That is too funny. I say it should be called GOOC too! People get a kick out of it when I use that word. I don't use a blender. I just chop my garlic (I think a press would be better) and let it sit on my counter for about half an hour. It is still STRONG. I would imagine doing the way you do would produce stronger results though. I am getting ready to do make some now. :)